Community giving that allows customers to “round up” their purchases at the register.
In alignment with our guiding cooperative principles, Feather River Food Co-op offers a commitment to the local community that has been ongoing for over 40 years. In an effort to expand the Co-op’s community outreach, we have created a simple form of community giving that allows customers to “round up” their purchases to the nearest dollar. This ‘extra’ change will then be donated to a select local program or organization (fund recipient) each month.
We are currently at capacity for our 2022 program year. A calendar of rotating monthly fund recipients will be established starting in August of 2022 for the calendar year starting on January 1st, 2023.
Priority will be given to the following:
- Fund recipients that are based in the communities that the Co-op serves
- Fund recipients that work to reflect diversity in our communities
- Use the funding for specific projects and not for general operations costs
- Are nonpartisan and do not advocate a particular religion or political affiliation
- Are a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations or cooperative businesses
In addition to these priority areas, programs, and organizations that fall under one of the following categories will be considered:
- Local and Organic Agriculture (farming, CSA, school gardening programs)
- Healthy Communities (recreation, health services, no-kill animal shelters, diversity)
- Sustainability (alternative transportation, cooperative business development)
- Environmental Projects (watershed programs, wildlife projects)
- Local Food Banks (food security, food access)
The selection of fund recipients for 2024 will start in August 2023 and will continue on an as-needed basis until there are enough applicants for the entire calendar year.
2023 Round UP @ the Register roster is currently full.